This is the story of a love affair. The title is based on the purported nickname William Randolph Hearst used for the clitoris of his mistress Marion Davies.

Follow this blog

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Song: Let me do dishes

Verse:
Sweet moon and June is only part of the tune,
The first flush that possesses your brain
There's more to romance if we'd just take a chance
And celebrate all that's mundane.

I want to . . .
Do the dishes for you.
I want to mow the lawn.
I want to fix the hi-fi for you.
To be your shelter from the storm.
I want to do dishes,
Please let me do dishes,
I'll grant all your wishes,
To make your bed comfy and warm.

I want to . . .
Peel the spuds for you,
I want to sweep the floors.
I want to tune the TV for you,
To draught-proof your windows and doors.
I want to peel your spuds,
Please let me peel your spuds,
Soak my hands in soap-suds,
Get to like all your in-laws.

Yes we can trip the fantastic.
Yes we can walk hand-in-hand.
But love isn't only such drastic
Waves of sweet love's magic wand.

I want to . . .
Make the beds for you,
I want to burn your CDs.
I want to paint the walls for you,
To be just as busy as bees.
I want to make the beds.
Please, I'll make the beds,
I'll do all the housework you please.

Please,
Let me not only
Make love and love only,
To worship you from near and far.
So please let me do
All a true love can do:
Wash dishes,
Peel spuds,
Grant all of your wishes,
Soak my hands in soap-suds,
Sweep all your floors,
Get to like your in-laws,
Do any or all of these chores,
So you'll know that I truly love you,
Doing all that a true love can do.
27/08/08, 9.40am
I started composing this song in my head while doing the dishes (for myself)
and I thought how I'd much rather be doing them for my beloved.

No comments: